Sifu Adam Williss is the founder of The Dragon Institute – an integrative mind, body and spirit educational center. He has built a network of followers around the world. Known for his uncompromising dedication to quality, Sifu Adam is one of the most followed experts in Kung Fu today.
Sifu Adam Williss has made it his life’s mission to empower individuals of all ages and all walks of life with Kung Fu’s physical, mental and life-changing benefits through his lessons, classes, workshops and Online Wing Chun at Home course.
For over 26 years, he’s dedicated his life to learning high quality Kung Fu… From this obsession, Sifu Adam has turned his first-hand knowledge into a path to educate others on the specifics of what good Wing Chun means.
Sifu Adam says that “many people don’t know the difference between good Wing Chun and made-up BS.” He blames many of today’s “self-proclaimed “masters” with their made up Wing Chun and “none of your business” lineage.”
Kung Fu Life Lessons
Sifu Adam Williss is also a Life Coach. He specializes in translating Kung Fu’s hidden life lessons to those seeking its timeless philosophy for personal developmental. Sifu Adam believes that hidden within the philosophy of Kung Fu are the secrets to a simpler, more efficient life. His Kung Fu Life Lessons have been called “the best kept secret in self-growth today”.
Adam Williss has given me the strength to live life again. Everyone has hard times and something that they have to deal with. I have always been driven and made goals, marketing and business plans. We all struggle with what is handed to us daily. Adam taught me how to be strong in the mind and find my center… still be kind and and have loving heart I have. He brought out the true Amy again but an even better Amy! Thank you Adam!
Sifu Adam Williss is inspirational by his passion… and the way he is able to reach a person’s heart and gives them strength to believe in themselves.
Sifu Adam is outstanding in his performance as a Mentor, Teacher, and Friend. His patience really helps (his clients) achieve their maximum potential. Yes, It takes time to absorb all of Sifu’s wisdom and knowledge in the application. Though once you (do), you will never look at the world the same. (He) truly shapes you into a better person and opens your eyes to kindness and gratitude towards the world!
Awards and Associations
Sifu Adam was inducted into the United States Martial Arts Hall of Fame in 2010. He is recognized as an official lineage holder of the Worldwide Leung Sheung Lineage Association. He is the State of California representative of The System Wing Chun under Florida-based Sifu William Graves. He is founder of International Wing Chun Day, founder of Wing Chun Against Bullying, president of the Dragon Family Wing Chun Association and a member of the International Kung Fu Federation, Independent Martial Arts Federation, International Combat Martial Arts Unions Association, United States Kuo Shu Federation, Ving Tsun Athletic Association and the National Qigong (Chi Kung) Association.
In his own words, Sifu Adam says what being a sifu means to him…
For me, being a “sifu” is about being something much more than being a martial arts teacher. It isn’t about a title, authority, hierarchy or rank. I don’t want to be put on a pedestal or be thought of as a so called “master”. Its about being an example and an inspiration in my student’s lives, no matter how old those students are, no matter what they come to me for, my responsibility is to transcend and inspire, beyond physical self-defense and other limiting perceptions of what I do or they do. The dream is bigger than that. Its about sacrificing for one another, about a dedication to community/family and about helping each other through the mind, body and spirit of Wing Chun. The journey isn’t about me. Its about a bridge to the future and those folks yet to come. -Sifu Adam Williss
Follow Sifu Adam Williss’ YouTube Channel
Sifu Adam Williss’ Core Beliefs (About Dragon Family Wing Chun)
Sifu Adam Williss has a unique qpproach to Wing Chun. Below are some of his practices and beliefs:
- Dragon Family Wing Chun is based upon position and structure. Being in the right place with the right structure, the rest comes easy.
- Sparring is a necessity in Dragon Family Wing Chun. Wearing moughpieces, hitting and getting hit is required.
- Shadow boxing is a part of Dragon Family Wing Chun. Alive, unscripted fluid movement must be practiced with mobility and adaptability.
- Coordinating hands and feet is a must. Each strike must have a coordinated step with it.
- Sifu Adam Williss considers Dragon Family Wing Chun to be an internal approach to Wing Chun. It follows principles similar to other internal Chinese martial arts such as Tai Chi.
- Becoming Sifu level in Dragon Family Wing Chun is not about time training or knowledge attained… it is solely about the ability to apply Dragon Family Wing Chun.
- Dragon Family Wing Chun is a branch of the Leung Sheung lineage, the senior-most Hong Kong student of Ip Man (Yip Man)
- If someone gets hit in sparring, its their fault. Never apologize for hitting them. It was your goal to hit them. They must take responsibility for it.
- Do not pull you punches. A hit is defined by substantial contact. This means moving the person’s mass or stopping a mass that’s coming at you. Anything less is not a hit.
- Dragon Family Wing Chun is neither solely traditional nor progressive. We believe in balance in everything we do. We have and will continue to seek a healthy respect for time-tested tradition along with an open mind for practical innovation.
Sifu Adam Williss/ Wing Chun Home Training Course