This Wing Chun dummy book is one of the very best wooden dummy books available today.
Written by Sifu Karl Godwin, Modern Training Methods of Wing Chun – The Wooden Dummy is an excellent Wing Chun wooden dummy book jam-packed with insight from a life-long Wing Chun practitioner.
Karl Godwin gives tons of knowldge in this book detailing and displaying the complete, original Hong Kong Ip Man Wing Chun dummy as taught by his first Hong Kong student, Leung Sheung. This is the oldest version of Ip Man’s wooden dummy form that was known to be taught in Hong Kong. All sets are detailed in the book.
The book also goes into the internal nature of Wing Chun including details on improving your structure, Wing Chun as a form of qigong and much more.
“I highly recommend that all of my students get this wing chun dummy book. Karl Godwin is one of the very best Wing Chun teachers alive today, if not the best. His grasp of the art and his amazing ability to explain it on many different levels is so very evident in this book.” -Sifu Adam Williss
Table of Contents:
* Introduction to the Modern Principles of the Mook Jong
* The Musculo-Skeletal System and the Wing Chun Posture
* Chi Gong and the Wing Chun Wooden Dummy
* The Wooden Dummy and the Empty Hand Sets
* The Mook Jong Set Divisions and Technical Strings
* The Mook Jong Form
* #10 Section of the Mook Jong Form
* #20 Section of the Mook Jong Form
* #30 Section of the Mook Jong Form
* #40 Section of the Mook Jong Form
* #50 Section of the Mook Jong Form
* #60 Section of the Mook Jong Form
* #70 Section of the Mook Jong Form
* #80 Section of the Mook Jong Form
* #90 Section of the Mook Jong Form
* #100 Section of the Mook Jong Form
* Wing Chun and Fencing
* Right and Left-Handed Wing Chun
* Training the Mook Jong at Various Speeds
* The Wooden Dummy, Dim Mak and Self-Defense
* Targets and Applications
* Bridges and Applications
* Bil Jee and Technical Class Order of Operations
* A Competitive Form of Chi Sao
* Introduction to the Wing Chun Weapons
* The Chemical Model for Wing Chun Energy Development and Interaction